Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim.. Tim.. is offline

Default OT Courier to pick up heavy item?

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Tim..
writes
Hi, I have a 60kg item located in Kent which requires to be fetched

back to
my home in Shropshire. Its on castors.

I dont think a regular courier (eg parcelforce) would cope with

that?

Does it need to be palletised or what does the team think??

It's more a question of what the couriers think, isn't it

why not ask the people who know ?

My feeling is that it will need to be on a pallet

... not cheap

--
geoff

I received a Palletline delivery today. (An ebay purchase of a tractor
rollover protection cage). Seller had put it on a pallet but it was
delivered without a pallet. I wasn't in when it arrived so maybe the
local driver heaved it off as it was easier that way. I have arranged
perhaps 6 or so such collections / deliveries for chunky items,
including a 1 ton blacksmiths power hammer and several JCB buckets,
and they have all gone faultlessly - an excellent service.

Did the seller palletise the object or did you instruct Palletline to take
one with them and palletise it when they went for collection???

Tim..