Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default I had my furnace repaired & they charged me over $700--and the guy was only there a total of 40 minutes.

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:35:54 -0500, Bubba
wrote:

Guys like you that have no clue what it costs to run a
business. Try it sometime. You wouldnt last a week. In case you havent
noticed..........gas is not $0.39 a gallon anymore, a gal of milk is
not $0.65, your home utility bill isnt less than $50 a month and
sending a kid to college doesnt cost $300 a semester. I wont even
bother to mention health insurance costs.

Of course I do, the cost of running a business. No one owes you a
living. If you can scare people to call you for every little problem
so that you can rip them off that's not my problem. Meanwhile there
are lots of people who seek advice here as to whether its something
they can do to avoid spending unecessary money. They are welcome to
free advice. They can decide for themselves if the advice is valid or
whether they should call a service guy. The knowledge helps them spot
scammers from hell like you in an instant.

In case you haven't noticed the designs of modern appliances have been
simplified so that a reasonably handy person can install or replace
the any module themselves without having to be an engineer. Anyone
can handle a wrench and a screwdriver. That's commonly all that is
needed to replace an appliance module and get the appliance running
again. Nobody including tradesmen does parts repairs anymore. It
takes too much skill and time. You'll go bankrupt doing parts
repairs. The skill of a repairman these days is to know which module
is producing the problem, quickly replace that, confirm that's the
fix, collect money and get to the next call.