Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default 2008 Pres

HeyBub wrote:
CJT wrote:

ANYBODY who lived through the Carter administration already knows
that Bush was far from the worst.

I lived through the Carter administration. It wasn't good, but Bush
has been much worse.

"It wasn't good?" During Carter's term: Inflation rose from 6% to 12%;
unemployment to 7.5%, interest rates to 20%. Then there was the Iranian
hostage crisis. And we can't forget Carter's response to the Soviet invasion
of Afghanistan: He cancelled the Olympics! When he stood for re-election,
Carter got 41% of the popular vote and 47 electoral votes (out of 537).

Assuming you're not afflicted with BDS, how is the Bush administration bad
for the average person?

Inflation is lower than it's been for a long time (2-3%), unemployment is
below historical averages, taxes have been reduced, the Assault Weapons Ban
expired, we've managed to kill 100,000 or more do-bads, wages are up, the
military is stronger, the Congress is moribund, and the Oval Office doesn't
need steam-cleaning every week.

Hell, things were so bad during the Carter fiasco that we measured
life with a misery index. Some people were either too young to really
remember how bad it was or they simply choose to forget because it
doesn't fit their desire to put down Bush. Bush is by no measure a
GREAT President but he is far from the worst. I can name at least
three during my lifetime who were worse. Carter was by far the worse,
Nixon ran a distant second and Johnson followed Nixon.