Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default 1966 Buick Skylark Crackd Exhaust Manifold

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:24:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Skylark Joe wrote:

Check out the picture i drew in microsoft paint.

Leon is this what you mean?

Picture? I don't see no steenkin picture!

I didn't see/find any picture either. Then again my own post
never came through for me but I can find if via google
groups (shrug).

From what I could understand I think Joe just lost part of
an ear on the flange where the exhaust pipe bolts up. My
idea/fix is to make a "C" shaped part with two holes in it
that would slip over the manifold above the flange and rest
against it. I made up a pattern out of cardboard first and
got all my measurements right. Then I used it to trace out
the real part on a suitable piece of 1/4 inch steel plate.

I would have taken some pictures but I didn't think it was
anything special. It seemed to be an obvious solution/fix...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b