Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A serious discussion about the need for more gun control

wrote in message
On Jan 17, 1:22 pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I grew up in Arkansas, where the Air Police used shotguns to kill the
cottonmouths at the perimeter of the LRAFB lake. I never heard of a
cottonmouth rattler or water moccasin in a tree. Have you seen them
displaying this behavior, Don?

I grew up south of you. Yes Cottonmouths do swim in lakes and then
climb a tree that is in the lake. So they can drop out of a tree into
a boat. Probably equally common is for a cottonmouth to get snagged
by a bass lure. Have not had it happen to me, but have heard people
describe the feeling of catching a snake while bass fishing. A real
what do I do now minute. It is so hard to push on a fishing line.
And the snake is not exactly happy about being hooked.

Dan

What I want to know is what is a "cottonmouth rattler," and how is it
different from a water moccasin (Agkistrodon piscivorus). g

--
Ed Huntress