Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default A serious discussion about the need for more gun control

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:24:03 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" quickly quoth:

Larry: I live in the Mojave desert. Here we have reportedly the most toxic
snakes in the USA. The Mojave Green is a rattlesnake with both hemo and
neuro toxic poisons. Moreover the Green can be rather agressive. I've had
one come directly at me with me backing up and kicking sand at him. We also
have a non-toxic snake called the Red Racer which will strike with less
provocation than the rattlers. Oh I forgot we also have the smaller
sidewinders her also. Because of these I have both .22 and .38 shot shells
for my side arms. I would recommend these for shooting snakes in a boat.

I had some nice little birdshot rounds for my old .22 eons ago. That
would be the way to go in a boat, if one had to shoot a snake. But I
guess I'm lucky in that I've never met a viper in a tree.

BTW I did have a Red Racer get into the sub floor and stick his head out
into the area occupied by a spiral staircase that had two teen aged girls
going down the stairs. The snakes head was at eye level. I didn't have to
shoot that one. He died from excessive radiated audio frequency
.

Bwahahahaha! Good 'un, Stu. I hope you later closed that opening
into the house, too.

- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals -