Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic builds record-breaking battery

cavelamb himself wrote:

So while a 20% increase in life of an AA battery may be fun for
Panasonic, I don't think I'll be buying any of them...

I have alkaline batteries in the weather station display, the
indoor/humidity sensor, and all the remote controls. These are low draw
applications where swapping in charged NiMH would be a PITA.

My digicams, GPS, Maglights, FM transmitter (for mp3 player) and such use
NiMH and I'm very pleased with the performance.

A flashlight kept in the car for emergencies should have alkaline batteries
along with a transistor radio for emergency listening during a power
outage.

Wes