Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Finally did it - back to school!

I've been getting a Continuing Education booklet from my local college for
a while now and for the past 5 years they've offered a Machine shop course.
It started out around 400 dollars for a 10 week course and has gotten up to
500 the past year or so, a bit on the pricey side for me hobby wise so I've
put it off until now. Every year I discused it with SWMBO and decided to
wait a bit more, each year I told her I sure hope they teach it again next
year. Well, it's next year and I've decided to bite the bullet and sign
up!

My biggest two worries were that who ever is teaching it might die or just
plain decide it wasn't worth it anymore or that the college would stop
offering it because of lack of interest. The course starts at the end of
January and is limited to 10 students, as of today I'm the only one signed
up, it will be really neat if I'm the only one since that would mean one on
one instruction

One of the reasons I wanted to take the course was that the description
ended with a line, 'for people who want to build their own tools' which is
something I've always liked to do.

I'm hoping for an old geezer with many years experience in the industry for
a teacher, I figure that way I'll get practical stuff and lots of tips
instead of a younger 'professor type' who just went to school for it. I'll
take either one but I think in this field older will be better

Wish me luck.

Bill