Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic builds record-breaking battery

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:03:51 +0000, Ian Malcolm
wrote:

Are you aware of the new Eneloop NIMH that Sanyo recently brought out?
They apparently have solved the leakage issue..they dont go dead
sitting in the drawer. Ive been changing over to these from basic
NiMN bats, as Ive charged the old style, and a month later tried to
use the digital camera, only to find em deader then a popcorn fart.

These go a long time without bleeding down.

http://www.eneloop.info/

Gunner

Interesting, Sanyo have solved the 'must work out the draw issue'. I
still dont see them replacing the backup set of alkalines in the
grab-bag for the handheld GPS. (the Handheld VHF has its own spare
Li-ion pack).

I dont know if its cost effective to go rechargablethough as we seem to
get through abut 30 AA alkalines a year (a UK chain 'Halfords' do a 30
pack) and they seem to last at least 80% of a Duracell's life at 2/3 the
cheapest online price and less than 1/2 of the average retail price for
Duracell. Its tough to beat most of the performance for a small
fraction of the price . . .

Its very cost effective to go rechargaable for me, as I use a digital
camera a LOT. Also handheld comms and flashlights and....

A charger and a basic load of batteries, particularly off Ebay is very
inexpensive.

Gunner