Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default differing strengths of cyanoacrylate ?

Si wrote:
In message , Stuart O'Donnell
writes
Si wrote:

Are there differing strengths of 'superglue'?

The table at http://www.glue-shop.com/info2.htm gives a range of
strengths for different cyanoacrylates. The strength seems to depend
on the chemical base and less for the odourless versions.

Wow my question was dumb! Thank-you both for your responses. Maybe I'd
switched to buying the odourless version over the years though I don't
know why as I like the smell of cyanoacrylate.

I don't. Gives me asthma for days. I still use it tho ;-)

That site recommends storing it in a freezer for long life. Can I just
put an unopened bottle in the freezer or is it likely to expand & explode?

Don't think so. Freezing point is, I suspect, well below freezer temps.