Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default Toilet with rain water?

On 17 Jan, 08:50, Si $3o&m wrote:

Simpler, cheaper and more reliable, if you want to reduce your mains
water usage why not build a composting loo and use none at all? The only
water mine uses is when I rinse the collecting buckets each week after
their contents are added to a compost heap at the end of the garden and
for that I use rain water.

See http://www.jenkinspublishing.com/garden_gallery.html.

Yuck, yuck, yuck! Maybe I'm irrationally immature about this, but the
idea of ****ting into a large bucket, however nicely it's decorated,
is something that keeps me away from music festivals, it's certainly
not a practice I would wish to adopt in my own bathroom! And who in
god's name invented the word humanure??