Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Ballpark cost of basic new bathroom?

Eddy wrote:

Are there any people who can give me the ballpark cost of getting the
likes of MFI, BnQ, or Homebase to put in a new bathroom? (New bath
with shower-doors, toilet, bidet, basin, tiling and flooring.) Nothing
fancy.

I just need a very rough idea very quickly of how many ?1000s it costs
at the moment. Their lines are all engaged and the online forms don't
result in any figures.

I fitted one the week before Christmas - ripped out everything to the
bare walls, even old skirting off.
Prices:
Bath/sink/toilet - £300 (reduced from £500 in the sale)
Shower - £150
Wall and floor tiles - £400 (good quality, large tiles for the walls)
Tile adhesive - £60
Various plumbing fittings and wastes etc - £50
Sundries, - another £50
My charge - £450 (included some fittings, and wood etc.)

So the total for this small ( approx. 6' x 8' ) bathroom would be around
£1500.
The large chains will charge siginificantly more than this, and not do
the 'total refurb' which I did - for example I did away with the poorly
designed waster pipes, and put a new single pipe in place, made wood
boxing for the pipe etc.
Alan.