Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet with rain water?

Si says...
Simpler, cheaper and more reliable, if you want to reduce your mains
water usage why not build a composting loo and use none at all?

This would be a practical (and cheap) solution. We've got a
large garden and plenty of vegetable waste that could be
mixed with it. On the down side the Mrs would definitely
not be keen on the idea. Some ideas I can "sell" to her,
but not this one. Personally I've no problem dealing with
the poo or smell - I was brought up on a farm and also
worked on a couple of sewage farms during Summer breaks
many years ago when I was a student at college, so I've
shovelled more s**t than most people.
--
David in Normandy