Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default differing strengths of cyanoacrylate ?

In message , Stuart O'Donnell
writes
Si wrote:

Are there differing strengths of 'superglue'?

The table at http://www.glue-shop.com/info2.htm gives a range of
strengths for different cyanoacrylates. The strength seems to depend
on the chemical base and less for the odourless versions.

Wow my question was dumb! Thank-you both for your responses. Maybe I'd
switched to buying the odourless version over the years though I don't
know why as I like the smell of cyanoacrylate.

That site recommends storing it in a freezer for long life. Can I just
put an unopened bottle in the freezer or is it likely to expand &
explode?

--
Si