Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Ryobi question

On 01/16/08 11:37 pm CJT wrote:

Bob wrote:
On a previous post about HF junk tools, Edwin P--- responded in part
with the following comment.
"If you want low end, check out brands like
Ryobi. Most of there stuff is serviceable at least. "

I was/am considering buying a Ryobi scroll saw (for new hobby use). I
have never owned a Ryobi anything. After reading this comment, I am
now reconsidering.

I'd appreciate comments from others who are familiar with Ryobi
equipment before I invest in something that I won't be satisfied with.

FWIW, I bought one of the combos Home Depot had on a super sale the day
after Thanksgiving -- so I've used it for a couple of months. It works,
but it's nothing special. The circular saw is pretty weak, the drill
is ok -- on a par with what Harbor Freight sells for about half as much,
but the radio is quite good.

YMMV. JMHO.

I bought the same Black Friday package, it seems. To me the saw and the
drill seem fine, the light is so-so, and the radio is junk.

I also bought the compound miter saw just b4 Christmas. To me it seems
OK, but I have nothing with which to compare it.

Perce