Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default cheaper to use oil-filled heater and keep thermostat at 62?

I'm not as tough as you think, the thermostat hasn't moved from 66,
it's just when she's not in the house I noticed that no one complained
about 62 degrees so I got to thinking if using a space heater for the
rooms the wife occupies could save me the extra 4 degrees elsewhere in
the house. What I'm not sure about is if lowering the thermostat in
the rest of the house and using a space heater will save any money due
to the higher electric cost. I guess I'll have to buy one and run it
for a month to see what the damage ends up being. I was just wondering
if anyone else had tried this.