Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob D. Bob D. is offline

Default Is there a spray for Frozen Stuck things?

Where can I buy this "Corrosion-X HD"?

--
Bob D.

"Boden" wrote in message
We are having a very cold spell again, after a January thaw. The
push-pull start switch on my tractor is stuck. I also have sliding
aluminum barn windows that are frozen in their tracks, and I need to
be able to open these windows so the horses get fresh air or it gets
real stinky inside. I use a hair dryer on the tractor, but that gets
tiring to do that all
the time in freezing cold. I have not used the hair dryer on the
windos because I am afraid the glass might crack from the heat
difference. I am looking for some sort of spray that will displace the
ice as well
as lubricate and prevent freezing again. Does any such thing exist?
(Not WD40, I tried it, it dont help). Silicone spray seems to help on
tyhe tractor switch for a few days, but only after using the hair
dryer, and it dont last long.

Is there anything made for this that will both thaw, and lubricate?

This has been the worse year for things freezing up because the
weather keeps changing.

Thanks

An acquaintance who runs the Alaskan dog sled races recommended a product
called Corrosion-X. He says it prevents freeze ups for him during the
races. For a couple of years now I have used Corrosion-X for Guns, the
heavier Corrosion-X for assorted things, and on my boats, Corrosion-X HD.
All work well and hold up very well in bad weather.

Boden