Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Westinghouse firmware

Many of these low end electronics manufactures will not supply parts
or service info to non contracted service reps.

Personaly, I would not go to all that trouble for a low end TV set.

There are a number of old name brand appliances and electronic devices
where the names were bought up by production companies in the Orient.
Westinghouse was one of them. The US Westinghouse has nothing to do
with the consumer products. Under agreement, they will direct a
consumer to the consumer manufacture.

Personaly, If the TV is working okay, I would see if I could sell it
to someone who does not care about the extra fonts, and get a good
quality name brand TV.

Just for curosity, is there a language setting in that TV? If there
is, try chaning the language, save the setting, and then go back to
the English one. Maybe this might help.

Jerry G.
======

ypylaw1 wrote:
Hi everyone
I have westinghouse 19w6 tv
recently I've noticed that when i set timer and it starts to count
down last 60 seconds before it turns off, I see number of seconds left
and some chinese characters next to it (what's very annoying; it
drives me nuts)
I called westinghouse and they had a good laugh at my expense and gave
me the number to repair center
Since it out of warranty they won't let me download firmware updates,
if any
Does anyone know where i can find ?
thanks