Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default critique SMT pcb ?

robb wrote:
hello,
This is the my 1st SMT pcb etching project board.

Is there anything horribly wrong with the layout of the
components and/or traces ?

Any advice on how to improve or fix the problems with the
layout/design etc... ?

The components are ;
IC is an SOIC-16 Quad OP amp and most of other components are
0805 and sot-23.

The IC looks like a quad opamp. I would put its bypass
capacitor as close to the chip as possible. It appears that
C1 and C2 in series perform this function. I think I would
bring the trance to pin 11 up under the chip and put C1 and
C2 closer to it.

I am also concerned that it looks like you have loaded the
output of one of the opamps directly with capacitors, which
tends to make them oscillate. And one opamp looks dangling.
Usually a bad idea. Maybe we should look at the
schematic, also.

Why are R9 through 12 arranges as they are?

--
Regards,

John Popelish