Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default critique SMT pcb ?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:17:32 -0500, "robb" wrote:

hello,
This is the my 1st SMT pcb etching project board.

Is there anything horribly wrong with the layout of the
components and/or traces ?

Any advice on how to improve or fix the problems with the
layout/design etc... ?

The components are ;
IC is an SOIC-16 Quad OP amp and most of other components are
0805 and sot-23.

It is a two layer board where (red) traces are top of PCB and the
(green) is the bottom.
I was trying to lay out everything so that it would be a single
sided board. That is why there is a distinct lack of through
holes (VIAs)

thanks for any help,
robb

Well, it would make *me* happier if you used standard reference
designators. Q = transistor, D = diode, T = transformer, etc.

Incidentally, CR is archaic for diode, and DS for indicator lamp. We
call all diodes D, including LEDs, and all resistors are R.

The board looks fine. A couple things are a little unusual, like the
angled connection into R11-R12 and into R4-R5 and R13, but that's just
a matter of style.

John