Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Is there a spray for Frozen Stuck things?

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:44:43 -0600, nick hull wrote:

In article
,
z wrote:

the local poop boys has a little spray for frozen car locks that
claims to thaw and lubricate, but I haven't tried it. the business end
is designed to go into a keyhole, though.

Those are usually graphite in an alcohol spray. Works wonderful at
first, but the water in the graphite will eventually cause rust and
wreck the lock ;(

The stuff I used [from True Value hardware] was just alcohol- no
graphite. Followed it up with Lock-ease and the little woman says
the lock never worked better. Lock-ease is a "COLLOIDAL GRAPHITE
DISPERSION" in a petroleum base.
http://www2.siri.org/msds/f2/bfh/bfhmm.html

Again- good for locks, but not for the OP's problem, IMO.

Jim