Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] massive.entity@googlemail.com is offline

Default Need help with a heavy punching bag mount "hack"

Hi,
Im working on a special rig to mount my heavy bag in my garage.
Basically I have a long metal bar and I need to mount it up close to
the ceiling, there are no nearby walls so it will be mounted to beams
(the goal is heavy bag will be able to roll back and forth on the
bar). I have the metal bar but Im trying to improvise an off-the-shelf
piece of hardware that will hold it on both sides (and can support the
weight of the bag as well). So im looking for two strong "brackets"
that will be screwed into the ceiling (into studs) and can hold the
bar from either side. Any idas?