Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default I had my furnace repaired & they charged me over $700--and the guy was only there a total of 40 minutes.

wrote:
My furnace wasn't working, so I called Cole heating / Plumbing
Services based out of Garden Grove, CA.
I was charged $320 for the transformer replacement
$290 for the hot surface ignition
$99 for a maintenence fee & $25 for something else I couldnt even
read- his hand writing was so bad.
HE WAS THERE FOR 40 minutes! No more.
Please tell me if anyone knows how above average this pricing
I read somewhere if any furnace repairs are over $500, then its time
to buy a new one anyway.
Is that correct? If so, why didnt he mention that?

I don't know anything about your furnace. My specialty is ghosts.

There are two in your house. Call me. Bargain rates.