Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel Skipweasel is offline

Default Toilet with rain water?

In article ,
am says...
Ideally if the butt runs dry then the supply needs to
switch back to mains water (either manually or
automatically).

I thought about doing that, but it was ridiculously hard to comply with
the water regulations. If it were as simple as a double non-return valve
I'd have done it, too.

But instead I decided that since the loo uses /very/ little water -
about a litre on low-flush about about three on full flush that in the
unlikely event of ever emptying the butt in Slopshire's sunny climes I'd
just sling the hose into it and fill it up again. 222 litres is a lot of
flushes - and the simplicity outweighed the expected effort.
--
Skipweasel.
Never knowingly understood.