Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default The Posi-drive screw

"Lobster" wrote in message
jal wrote:
In article ,
"George" wrote:

what a naff invention...why couldn't they just put a square hole instead
of
the cross hole?

Then again it was a yank idea

I bought Pozidrives when they first came out -- you could even buy a
special Pozidrive screwdriver, which I also invested in.

Are all screws Pozidrives now? I don't see the brandname in the sheds
when I go.

I think Pro-drive is more common these days - AFAIK the same thing?

There are certainly other different formats around; eg drywall screws
always seem to be Philips, which means continually swapping between
identically sized Philips/Prodrive bits or screwdrivers.

The driver wouldn't slip out of the head when it was supposed to if it were
pozi.
Those auto-feed guns would be a lot more difficult to make.