Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default just turned it on. (no pun intended)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:15:56 GMT, "Dave Bovey" wrote:

snip
The Harbor Freight set reminds me of the set that came with my Shopsmith over 20 years ago. Guess what? I still use it!

Me too, Dave, but my shopsmith (1980) must have come with better chisels..
I have a couple of the "better" HF sets ($40 on sale) and the SS tools are MUCH
better.. much more steel, better handles, etc.. Just overall better..

I buy the HF mini set a couple of times a year, when it goes on sale for $10..
The bowl gouge *choke* and parting tool are garbage, but I love the skew and
like to have 2 or 3 of them sharp and handy when I'm doing pens..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing