Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

In message , Edward W.
Thompson writes
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:44:47 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Edward W. Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:33:42 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Edward W. Thompson wrote:

Depends how ****ed they are. Most of the Finns I met in Helsinki were
paralytic for a substantial part of the time.

It's that sort of remark that gives the 'British' the reputation they
have.

Of course anyone who attempts to moralise about sweeping generalisations
by posting a sweeping generalisation has effectively kneecapped themself
before entering an arse kicking contest.

Posting an ad hominem as a sequitur to the generalisation does rather
put the complainant outside the pale.

Interesting comment to try to justify what are very distasteful
remarks about 'foreigners'.

You may think it smart to analyse in detail what has been posted but
to many the impression given is one of disdain for others. However, I
may be mistaken and being paralytic (drunk) for a substantial part of
the time is being admired. That would fit judging from the behaviour
of many in this country.

You may want to get your head out of your arse someday. You could start
by readign what was written, rather than knee-jerking over what you
think was written.

You really are a charmer. I am very impressed. I 'm sorry about your
manners.

Or, as someone replied to a similar numpty in the BHHH elist

"If you read my email replying to your email you would see:
"see http://typhoon.he.net/~true/hhh/ for a more detailed explanation"
Grrr, don't be so thick. Do you know what Google is?

We sing dirty songs and say bad words. If it offends you, don't
participate."

--
geoff