Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Bath waste water going onto ground - building regs?

A chap I know has a problem with his landlord.
He asked me to have a look tonight at a 'water leak', and although I'm
quite capable of doing the repair, I dont really want to do it, as it
could prejudice some of the other faults with the rented house.

Firstly, the bath waste pipe has disappeared from the wall, so the water
comes out of the bath, and pours straight from the outlet, at around 8
feet, to the ground. This is in a terraced house, where the back door
opens directly into the path of the falling water.
After a bath, there is a pool of water for hours outside the back door.

I've advised him to get onto the agent, and tell them that building
regulations are being broken, by the waste not going into the sewer.
(I was making it up as I went along!)

So, could someone please let me know if any regs. are being broken here,
and if so, which?

Thanks a lot.
Alan.