Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Of Interest -metalworking..uranium

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:26:12 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, F.
George McDuffee quickly quoth:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:28:18 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I have QT 7.2.204 but both Firefox and IE show raw headers for the
file when I click on it. Neither will allow me to DL/save it.
Strange.

=========
I am running QT 7.3.1. QuickTime download website now says for
Vista or better. [so I installed Ubuntu 7.10 Linux but that's
another thread ...]

If you are a "cheap screw" [like me] and don't want to have to
replace your printer/scanner, etc. by upgrading to vista, then

I don't consider Vista an upgrade, Unk.

check out another mp4 player. Try one of these, much smaller [
1 meg] so should be downloadable even with POTS.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...4-Player.shtml
http://www.download3000.com/download_19434.html
http://www.gustosoft.com/divx-player...ivx-player.htm
also google on mp4 player download for 658k hits.
I haven't tried any of these, and be sure and check for viruses
before installing.

I have a DIVX player but the MP4 file wasn't available for download
via that original link.

You also might install
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ded-0.5-fx.xpi
on

Done.

http://iopforum.harvard.edu/mp4/fr20070913noend.mp4 trashed
Foxfire for me also when I tried to access.

It still does with the above addon installed. sigh

home page is http://www.iop.harvard.edu/
http://www.iop.harvard.edu/iop_feed.xml takes you to along
listing -- go about 1/3 down and click on the underlined blue
"No End In Sight" The American Occupation of Iraq
link indicates
http://iopforum.harvard.edu/mp3/fr20070913noend.mp3

That works, audio only, with the installed QT. Thanks.

with an ipv4 of 128.103.190.44 apparently has audio only
but Miro saved file has an mp4 extension and plays both video and
audio using Windows and Linux players. -- strange.

Using Miro on the Linux side of the box I get
http://iopforum.harvard.edu/mp4/fr20070913noend.mp4
as an address with the correct mp4 extensions. Try opening
QuickTime and then file /open file. This seems to work for me.

This brings up QT and it appears to be downloading the file before
playing it. (4 mins later, 3/4 done? We'll see...6 mins, still 3/4)

I find that Real Player v10.5 under w2k will download the file.

NOGO under XP.

Anyone else having problems?

For a different view of the news from a Canadian perspective try
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Globa...1/GN080115.m4v
This one gives a different slant on the recent hurrah/hooha about
the so-called super-estacy, and some observations about the US
financial firms you won't see on cnbc

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.