Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Scratch Ankle Scratch Ankle is offline

Default just turned it on. (no pun intended)

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:58:38 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
Good point about the face protection, Mr. Feltmate...

I like the way Bill Grumbine puts it in his bowl turning video.. something
like:
"If you don't want to wear face protection, your first project better be a
white
cane"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I'll second the face protection. I am a beginner and I am teaching myself.
I don't highly recommend that. One of the first things I taught myself was
the value of a face shield. My nose didn't get broken fortunately but I had
quite a cut on it for several weeks. I was wearing the safety glasses which
protected my eyes. And I still wear the safety glasses under the face
shield. Every once in a while something bounces of that shield and I'm
really happy it's there although nothing since the first thing that would
have caused any damage to me.