Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Of Interest -metalworking..uranium

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:28:18 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I have QT 7.2.204 but both Firefox and IE show raw headers for the
file when I click on it. Neither will allow me to DL/save it.
Strange.

=========
I am running QT 7.3.1. QuickTime download website now says for
Vista or better. [so I installed Ubuntu 7.10 Linux but that's
another thread ...]

If you are a "cheap screw" [like me] and don't want to have to
replace your printer/scanner, etc. by upgrading to vista, then
check out another mp4 player. Try one of these, much smaller [
1 meg] so should be downloadable even with POTS.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...4-Player.shtml
http://www.download3000.com/download_19434.html
http://www.gustosoft.com/divx-player...ivx-player.htm
also google on mp4 player download for 658k hits.
I haven't tried any of these, and be sure and check for viruses
before installing.

You also might install
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ded-0.5-fx.xpi
on

http://iopforum.harvard.edu/mp4/fr20070913noend.mp4 trashed
Foxfire for me also when I tried to access.
home page is http://www.iop.harvard.edu/
http://www.iop.harvard.edu/iop_feed.xml takes you to along
listing -- go about 1/3 down and click on the underlined blue
"No End In Sight" The American Occupation of Iraq
link indicates
http://iopforum.harvard.edu/mp3/fr20070913noend.mp3
with an ipv4 of 128.103.190.44 apparently has audio only
but Miro saved file has an mp4 extension and plays both video and
audio using Windows and Linux players. -- strange.

Using Miro on the Linux side of the box I get
http://iopforum.harvard.edu/mp4/fr20070913noend.mp4
as an address with the correct mp4 extensions. Try opening
QuickTime and then file /open file. This seems to work for me.

I find that Real Player v10.5 under w2k will download the file.

Anyone else having problems?

For a different view of the news from a Canadian perspective try
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Globa...1/GN080115.m4v
This one gives a different slant on the recent hurrah/hooha about
the so-called super-estacy, and some observations about the US
financial firms you won't see on cnbc