Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default cheaper to use oil-filled heater and keep thermostat at 62?

I work in an unheated basement all day and the temp ranges from 55-62
degrees. I've grown accustomed to the temp with an array of fleece
pants, jackets and socks. My children don't seem to be bothered by
cold temps. The problem is my wife, she cannot handle any temperature
lower than 66 degrees. I feel it's a little wasteful to turn up the
heat for the whole house (we have one-zone heat) when she is the only
one uncomfortable so I was considering an oil-filled heater to follow
her around. I'm just wondering if it's worth it or will it be a wash
cost-wise. Has anyone else tried this?