Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fuel flow meter for cars .. ?

In article ,
Trevor Wilson wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article , Trevor Wilson
wrote:
**As I understand it (please note, I am not speaking from any real
authority here) no injector is perfect. Some are clogged a little.
Some are clogged a lot. Some are not clogged at all. Pumps are
subject to wear.

Yehbut EFI systems are closed loop and if the injectors are slightly
out of spec, the ECU will compensate. If they're wildly out an
inaccurate OBC will be the least of your worries...

**OK, here's where my ignorance begins to show. EFI systems are sort of
closed loop. However, under certain conditions, that may not be the
case. At startup, for instance. Under very heavy acceleration, for
another. There are probably other conditions where the system is not
closed loop. So-called 'limp-home mode' would be another. I'm not well
versed in automotive issues to comment with great authority. I do
understand a little, however.

Yes - but a 'dribble' from an injector or injectors would have far more of
a percentage effect at cruise or low throttle conditions. Remember the
combination of depression and fuel pressure acting on the injector is a
constant. If you think of a dripping tap (faucet?) the drip is irrelevant
when the tap is fully on.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.