Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Directional antenna for an FM TX ?

GregS wrote:

snip

"Forrest" wrote in message
.net...

I just sent away for a "Ramsey FM30" FM transmitter, build it yourself kit.
It's only 25 mW and I want to maximize the power in one direction. Can
anybody direct me to an antenna for sale or give me a link to a page to
build my own. I would also appreciate any comments on this unit or tips on
its construction. Should be here early next week. Thanks in advance.

In the US its illegal to use an antenna other than the requied length of wire
of a few inches.

The O.P. should be aware of regulations in his country but mostly these specify
EIRP for this class of device, and if it is a kit, then the builder may be as
responsible for compliance as well as the maker. Using supplied parts is likely
to maintain compliance but the builder is often able to make substitutions if
he can verify compliance if challenged. Test and measurement is your friend.

Regards,

Michael