Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Directional antenna for an FM TX ?

In article , "Peter Kolbe" wrote:
Hi Forrest.

You might be able to use a normal VHF Tv Antenna.
The VHF TV band is just above the normal FM range (88-108 MHz), The TV
antenna might have enough leighway in it's bandwidth range.

Just remember to remove any caps and coils that are in the TV antennas
junction box, or you might mess up the tuning of the transmitter.

Reciprocity with antennas means that an Antenna will have the same gain
whether it is transmitting or receiving a signal.

Peter

"Forrest" wrote in message
. net...
I just sent away for a "Ramsey FM30" FM transmitter, build it yourself kit.
It's only 25 mW and I want to maximize the power in one direction. Can
anybody direct me to an antenna for sale or give me a link to a page to
build my own. I would also appreciate any comments on this unit or tips on
its construction. Should be here early next week. Thanks in advance.

In the US its illegal to use an antenna other than the requied length of wire
of a few inches.

greg