Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Thread in wood

I was wondering what you ment by 'thread'. It would depend on what
size thread you want, and internal or external. There are hand thread
chasing, and there are machined ones, and Beall (the same ones who
make the buffing system) has some threading accessories.

robo hippy

On Jan 15, 9:18*am, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:
If it is a standard size, use the appropriate metal tap. Maple, lignum vitae
and likely a lot of other woods have been tapped that way for many many
years.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canadahttp://aroundthewoods.comhttp://roundopinions.blogspot.com"Anthony" wrote in message

Hi
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone point me in
the right direction for ways to make a short thread in wood.
Its for my father to repair a hinged mirror, I've been on Google and can't
find anything really suitable.
TIA
Anthony