Posted to rec.woodworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default Tapcon or Powder Actuated for attaching metal boxes to concrete

snip

I'm particularly curious about how the trigger types work for powder
shooting; never used one but looked at them. It almost seems to me that
recoil would make them less useful, compared to the mass of a hammerhead
behind the tool when you whack it.

HTH a little at least, maybe, sorta, uhh, somewhat,

Twayne

Actually, I was quite surprised at just how well my 160 pounds would take up
the recoil from a power nailer...now I'm....ahhhh....let's just say that I'm
somewhat MORE than 160 now and the tip of the nailer hardly moves when I
fire.

One thing I notice when I see someone using the hammer fired ones is that
first you have the rebound of the hammer itself, then the recoil of the
nailer following it, makes for some bad mojo...I could be seeing things,
too.

Mike