Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tove Momerathsson[_2_] Tove Momerathsson[_2_] is offline

Default keeping flood coolant under control

I've been considering adding a flood coolant system to my mill/drill,
mostly because I'm tired of intermittent built-up edge problems that
lead to nice semi-circular divots in otherwise nicely-finished surfaces.

So what I'm wondering about is whether it's possible to keep the
splatter under control, so I don't have oil sprayed all over the walls
and accumulating on the floor around the mill. I've thought about
using pieces of light plastic to surround the cutting area, so the oil
that's flung out by the cutter hits the plastic and runs down it to the
mill table. It seems like that'd work, but I've thought that about
other ideas that led to "oh @#$%" moments.

Tove