Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default buying kitchen appliances

In message , Lobster
writes
mogga wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:08:19 -0800 (PST), benpost
wrote:

i'm going to be buying a kitchen from wickes/homebase/b&q. my place

a 2 bed flat and i may let it out in the future so i'm looking to have
easily replacable appliances. i already have a white waching machine
and white fridge.

im wondering whether to get a freestanding cooker and just leave the
space in my kitchen design for it. or whether to buy one that will fit
in with units and allow the worktop to continue around the hob. also
whether to match up with my white appliances or go for stainless
steel. same with the sink. any tips?

also if im going to get a freestanding cooker then should i shop
around or just buy from the kitchen diy shop, do they charge much more?

If you're having tenants you will want something quick to replace.
That'll be the freestanding one.

Not necessarily... any letting agent will tell you that built-in
appliances are far trendier and hence, all other things being equal, a
property is more marketable with them fitted.

Built in ones are less easy to nick ...

--
geoff