Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Propane Fireplace Q.

Hi Steve,

I would check that the flashing on the vent termination is properly
caulked and sealed -- if not, air can leak *around* the vent and make
its way into the living space.

Cheers,
Paul

"SteveC" wrote in message
. ..
We recenly bought a house that has a propane fireplace and we noticed the
wind blows in through the exhaust vent I guess. There's also a draft on
non windy days. Is this normal?
Should there be a damper or something that closes when not in use??

It has a little vent on the side of the house, about 1x2 Stainless Steel
vent, but that does not seem to help with the wind.

The fireplace is a Majestic IVDR33RP.
I'm not familar with propane fireplaces.
Thanks
--
Steve