Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default Is there a spray for Frozen Stuck things?

In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

nick hull wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

We are having a very cold spell again, after a January thaw. The
push-pull start switch on my tractor is stuck. I also have sliding
aluminum barn windows that are frozen in their tracks, and I need to
be able to open these windows so the horses get fresh air or it gets
real stinky inside.

STP is good at keeping switches, locks etc from freezing BUT you have to
get the object warm and dry before you apply

If you're the same guy who recommended putting STP in a car lock,
we're still waiting to hear if you mean the motor honey. [and if you
do, I'm still a skeptic]

Yes, the STP oil additive is what I use, the consistency of honey.

'STP' covers a lot of products-
http://www.stp.com/
The gooey motor honey is the most popular, but I have a jar of it on
my bench in my garage and it isn't very slippery in the winter. It's
also a dust magnet, so I don't like to use it in the open.

I agree it collects dust, I use it where it doesn't collect much like
door locks or upside down surfaces. Lots of viscosity but doesn't
freeze.