Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to get my money back from a jerk contractor...

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
RBM wrote:
And, when your dealing with people who cheat for a living, any action you
take that's toothless, is worthless

To add another comment: building inspectors and local officials are often
in bed with contractors and will ignore all but blatant offenses.
I went through this with county officials - some were good but most were
bad. This extends through the judicial system. We recently had a ex
county official take a $3 million bribe. She was tried and convicted and
fined about $300 or the equivalent of a couple of speeding tickets.

To make matters worse, if you're in NY and dealing with a town justice,
he/she may have no legal training. I know this sounds absurd, but here ya
go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/25/ny.../25courts.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/26/ny.../26courts.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/27/ny.../27courts.html

Might also be this way in other states, but I don't know about that.