Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Are higher grade bolts more brittle?

In article , wrote:

My only concern about the grade 8 bolts are how hard they will be to
grind off if I ever have to remove one that rusted. I have never done
it, but it's easy to use a grinder on a common bolt, but wonder how
well those grade 8s grind off???? I dont have a cutting torch.

Grade-8s are hard... but grinding wheels are a *lot* harder. You won't have
much trouble. Obviously not as easy as grinding mild steel, but easy enough.
Don't worry about it.

--
Regards,