Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Are higher grade bolts more brittle?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 04:17:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 05:26:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Dom" wrote in message
Grade 10.9

Ultimate Tensile Strength 10MPa
Carbon Content 0.9%

This is a very strong bolt. If your application calls for a high
tensile bolt then this is a good choice. You could go for a Grade 12,
but this might be overkill. If the nuts are old, you should think
about getting new ones.

HTH Dom.

I agree! My nuts are getting old and I'm thinking about getting new ones...

Um...what's a lesbian doing with nuts, pray tell?

Got em hanging from the mirror of her Volvo.

Gunner

-----
= Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =