Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fuel flow meter for cars .. ?

In article ,
Trevor Wilson wrote:
The site Trevor gave in a later post says it can work by either
counting injector pulses or a flow device.

**Correct. It's a bit fiddly, but more accurate actually measuring the
fuel flow. I ended using the pulse counting method myself (I didn't
care much for mucking about with fuel lines), but I did have two fuel
flow meters, which came with the computer. One was plastic, the other a
substantial die-cast affair. Accuracy was pretty impressive, according
to the manufacturer's data.

I must admit to being surprised. Both my cars are injection and both use
the pulse measuring system to calculate MPG and both are very accurate.
Years ago I did have an aftermarket one that measure fuel flow and it
wasn't.

--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *

Dave Plowman London SW