Posted to rec.woodworking
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default anyone have any feedback on the Harbor Freight Oscillating Spindle Sander?

Tom wrote:
Hi,

I saw an oscillating spindle sander at HF that looked very
reasonable, given the under $100 price. The table was fixed (only do
90 degrees unless you build a jig for it), but it seemed pretty
sturdy, with what appears to be an all-metal body. Anyone have one
that they'd share some comments on? I figure the $100 investment
might by me a few more years on my drill press, which I've been using
with a drum-sanding attachment (the side-pressure can't be too good
for the spindle).

I've had one for a year or so...occasional use but quite pleased with
it...previously for curves I used a drum on a radial arm saw , the end of a
small stationary belt sander and a drill press and much prefer the Harbor
Freight....Rod