Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default marking how made dials

On Jan 14, 10:31 pm, "Curtis Purdy" wrote:
I need to mark some dials for a end mill grinder that i'm building. Does
anyone know where I could find plans to build such a tool to mark dials
graduations?

This is one place where you MIGHT spend dozens of hours per dial on a
part that can be bought for a few dollars and will be more readable
purchased with laser etching on black anodize.

www.sherline.com/fullsize.htm

and a few dealers including MSC sell them

not to say that etching and stamping your own might not work out fine
but i think it might be easier to buy the dial as a dial.

Just a suggestion

Brent
Ottawa Canada