Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Sandman Mr Sandman is offline

Default Arrrggghhh!!

I have the same problems with my wife. If im away for the day, i come
back
to a house with all the TRVs turned up full . She still cant grasp why
the
kitchen rad is cool when the living room rad is hot!

Women in general haven't a clue what a thermostat is.

That's a silly thing to say.

But all our TRVs
in this house, have upper and lower limit stops which can be set to
prevent the rad being turned down too low or up too high. Or can be
used to lock the head at any point in its range. Problem solved as far
as the TRVs are concerned. The open windows are another story and I
haven't got the answer to that one. Yet.

There's no point in complaining unless you're prepared to do something
about it. If you can't be bothered don't grumble.

But that is what the average man, married to the average woman, is saying.
I have a wife that constantly leaves the kitchen door (that opens up to
the stairs) wide open when we have the bathroom window and several bedroom
windows open and does not realise that all that cold air is coming down to
all that warm air and the warm air is going out of the windows :-(

Dave

Time for an automatic door closer?

Steve