Posted to alt.home.repair
Hilbert Hilbert is offline

Default Needs repair/replacement for Trane XV90 furnace inducer motor

On Jan 14, 9:39*am, "Zyp" wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
On Jan 13, 9:19 pm, Bubba wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:13:28 -0800 (PST), Hilbert
wrote:

My inducer motor of Trane XV90 furnace is not working and needs a
replacement or repair. I am living in Bellevue WA area.

Could somebody recommend how to fix it (dealer or we can do it
ourselves)? How much would it cost?

Very much appreciated.

How to fix:
Take old one off.
Put new one on.
Bubba

Exactly, it's just a small motor hooked up with 2 wires, held in with
bolts.
How do you know it's bad? I'm assuming you put a meter to it and got
voltage but the motor was not working,right?

Bubba;

You forgot the thermostat!

--
Zyp- Hide quoted text -

What is termostat? Is that something I need to replace as well?