Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Need a pro - no just a standard home inspector

On Jan 14, 10:09*pm, "Jordan" wrote:
I have a problem with the paint on the exterior of my house. *It just falls
off every couple of years. *I suspect that somehow moisture is building up
behind the clapboard, but I can't seen to find where it is coming from. *I
could see it if the problem was on one side of the house where there might
be an undetected leak somewhere, but this problem is on all 4 sides of the
house.

When I had the house inspected when I purchased it there was no diagnoses of
the problem other than the paint being old (which it was not). *When I had a
pro painter come out to take care of this they did not take care of it
despite all the extra case I paid to have them fix the issue.

I need to know who I need to have check the house to find and fix the
problem.

You might have luck with Sherwin Williams or another paint co that can
also send samples to their lab, but 99.99% of the time its the
painters mistake, it could be the paint but rarely, usualy an unclean
surface where latex is going over oil that is chalking, rub your hand
where it pealed, does chalk apear on you hand. Painting a to warm or
hot surface, or in sun, or high air temp is a cause for latex failure,
for oil moisture on the wood. You could probably figure it out. If its
all sides equaly and latex only freezing or painting over 90 should
affect it, if its mainly south exposure and none north then sun caused
it. On a hot sunny day with little shade its difficult to even paint
the south side, a hot surface can be cooled with water but you should
not paint with sun hitting it which can mean starting late in the day.
There are alot of other reasons for failure.